This just in from the technician:

Quote:

Good afternoon!

I'm ready to call in a priest for a good exorcism. We've swapped out EVERYTHING inside this box and the issue is still occuring. System board, memory, processor, power supply, Cooling, video card... Everything except for the case.. Which is our next stop to eliminate the case* as the source of the problem.

I've spent about 2 hrs on it so far today, and I've got to work on some others PC's. I've got some parts I've got to install for some other customers.. And if I can't get back to yours today before I leave (at 6 today) I'll come in a hr early tomorrow to dedicate to resolving this. However I SHOULD (key word here) be able to set-up the components outside the box before I leave (if the parts installs go smoothly).

I've also looked into the [Presonus] Audiobox. It's not a soundcard, but mostly a Analog to Digital coverter that accepts professional quality Mic's/Devices. The sound still goes through the systemboard sound chip** for audio processing, so you were short changing yourself with the original SB and it's low-end built in sound card. The new one support 7.1 dolby.

thanks for your patience and have a good afternoon/evening!

*NZXT H2 Silent case
**???

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."