Quote:

Points to ponder.

1. Cold air is heavier.

2. If you close the downstairs vents and open the upstairs one wide, the air goes up, and must come down.

I like that pondering point and would try it but if you saw the layout of the house you'd change your mind. The doorway to the upstairs is at one corner of the house rather than the middle, and there is a door that is always closed to keep a little dog from going up there unless I am up there too. So that forced air would have to be forced through the 3/4" gap at the bottom of the door.

I HATE these old bungalow houses that are essentially rectangles broken up in almost evenly measured quarters, but that's what they built a lot of for the baby boom years after WWII. This house is one generation AFTER that, (built in 1965) but still, all the houses on the street are quite similar. I would love to have an open concept home but this will be my last house, so....

It is 92 outside today. I have the AC at 70, and the upstairs is only 75. Finally getting around to those annoying little house jobs that my wife used to nag me about. Washing this, cleaning that, throwing away stuff I have not touched or even thought about since I moved here 7 1/2 years ago, posting ads for some old stuff that all of us here have moved beyond... and actually (drum roll please) went into the basement and cut ALL the wood scraps into foot long pieces for the fire pits. I can now see the concrete floor!!!

And hired a guy to do my mowing. I am too old and my knees are too sore to walk back and forth 2000 times pushing a mower, which by the way only works when the planets are aligned....

Hope everybody is enjoying their 3 day weekend!!

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.