The problem is that the song is already mastered, so there's no plug in that will tell you what was done. Even if there was, you still wouldn't have the original file to compare to what the mastering engineer did.

Manning1 used to say 'What is the black art of audio engineering?', IIRC, and he's right. In a sense, it is a black art.

Today's engineers are tending to use a minimalist approach. Use as little effects as you can to achieve the required and desired sound.

One old trick that I really like is this. Cut a CD with your track on it, and then go play it on as many different devices as you can find. Your computer, your home stereo, your car, your personal CD player, etc. If it sounds good on all of them, at the settings you find pleasant for all other listening, then you've mastered it pretty well. What this does is help you to identify bits of your monitoring system and listening enclosure to determine what's happening in there. From there, you can adjust the mix as necessary to produce the best sound.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!