The PC is using onboard audio. It says Conezant HD Audio. In Realband and PTPA I'm using the MME drivers, no Asio. Everything is set the same, but something must be different in PTPA because it records ongoing audio.

My last machines were XP and it was easy.

This is a new Dell i5, with Win7. Realband and Cakewalk Music Creator work fine. Only in PowerTracks does it record what is being played. So when I record Audio (my guitar) while playing with MIDI tracks in PTPA the MIDI get recorded as audio.

In RealBand it works like it always did. On my PC I select Line-In for recording. As far as the PC there is nothing complicated. It works fine. Realband proves that. PTPA records any track that is playing along with the line-in audio.

I don't have any MIDI inputs. I just have all my MIDI going to Coyote Forte or TTS-1 synths. I will compare the Audio settings in the 2 programs again to see if there is any setting that is different. If not as a last ditch maybe I will reinstall it.

It's so simple. It always has been. I'm glad Realband works. If not I wouldn't have anything to use. It must be staring me in the face. Also, BIAB works fine as well.
Wayne,