Quote:

Joe Cocker wannabee from American Idol - whatzhizname? Taylor something or other - guy with the salt and pepper hair that didn't catch on with the public.

Taylor Hicks, who to date has exactly one Ford commercial under his belt. Meanwhile, Daughtry, who was out with 5 playaz yet to go, is a star.

As I have stated before, the very reason I refuse to watch it anymore. It is apparently not about talent when the strongest contestants leave early so the babe with the best cleavage can stay, or people who feel some sort of convoluted pride if a stranger who resides somewhere in their state is in the running ring the phone off the hook voting.

The format of the whole thing stinks. Have a panel of (random number) 25 people who actually KNOW good from bad and let them decide, not a public who has no clue.

Underwood should NOT have won. underwood NOW is better than Bo Bice, but when they were the finalists, he blew her off the stage. He is also an ugly greasy haired dude, and oh, by the way, she is hot. Boom.

You guys who live in the major music towns know the drill. I was in LA for 6 months and did not meet ONE bartender, carhop, gas station worker or retail salesperson who was not a singer, player, dancer or actor. Not one. And every one of them was better than me, and that was when I was at the height of my talent years. I was in a little Italian restaurant and this girl singing was amazing. Then she put down the mic, picked up her tray and went back to work waiting tables. And I lost count of how many times that happened. Lots of talented people out there.

I went to audition for a 4 piece loung act playing sax. I was number 93! For a 4 piece lounge act, THAT many people showed up. One of the other guys was Lon Price, who toured with Al Jarreau. When a guy of that caliber is auditioning for a 4 piece lounge act....

Meanwhile, me and Clem have something we want to say and no choir to sing it to!!!

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.