I for one agree with JohnJohnJohn. Not everyone who uses a capo on a daily basis plays a guitar. I for one play bluegrass banjo and while the band may sing the song in Bb instead of G, I cannot tune the banjo to Bb otherwise I would be changing strings every song due to breakage. Instead I capo 3 and play out of G, the natural tuning for a bluegrass banjo for the large percentage of bluegrass songs.

When I teach beginning bluegrass banjo, I do not expect my students to be able to transpose from a song traditionally played in Bb into G when they are still just learning the basic rolls.

The ability to 'capo' so the songs at the correct pitch while still displaying the chords as if there was no capo is a long overdue addition to BIAB, especially if it can be song specific after you save it so the parameter loads each time the saved song is loaded. If I can pull up say Salt Creek, a typical beginning bluegrass song, have it play in the traditional key of A while displaying the chords in G would be absolutely great.

The tabbing program TablEdit has had that ability since it was written years ago simply by checking a small box in the options that say Capo Doesn't Affect Notation and it works great.

Let's see this in BIAB in the near future as an upgrade.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB