Ok, dumb question. Are you familiar with GM? Do you understand my #6? Kontakt is not a GM synth so the Biab instrument dropdown over on the left has no effect. You have select an instrument manually inside Kontakt on midi channel 5 before you will hear anything. You haven't told us those kinds of details yet. Excatly what synth are you using and how are you setting up an instrument to play using your Novation?

I just scanned through the thread and I see you have Sampletank. Lets use that. Make ST your default synth just like I did and then put the ST piano on Channel 5 inside ST's window. I'm sure you must know this already but just in case, your channels are on the left side in ST's window, click on #5 and then go back to the right and double click any instrument to insert it on channel 5. Then back in Biab click on the Thru track on the main Biab screen and make sure your Novation is set to Channel 5. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas, it worked fine for me the first time I set it up. Maybe it is some incompatibility issue with Novation, if so you're screwed.

Don't keep uninstalling/reinstalling Biab, you're just wasting time.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 01/07/13 04:12 PM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.