Quote:

Thanks for explaining Paul - but without getting into too much detail, and at a really high level - why was that constraint initially imposed, and how'd you overcome it ? It sounds pretty hairy and complicated. You must be a programmer by trade.

I guess the restriction comes from the way BiaB developed over the years. I can't really speak to the decisions made by the developers except to say they seem to want to keep BiaB backwards compatible as much as possible which I totally agree with.

As far as how I overcame the limitation? Well BiaB sends midi data to the VSTi slots. I realized I could redirect that midi data to a port by writing a VSTi. Now we can take limited advantage of our hardware devices within BiaB instead of having to resort to RB which isn't really an auto-accompaniment program like BiaB is.

It isn't too hairy to do if you are reasonably experienced with a high level programming language. I'm not a professional programmer but I do have lots of experience as I've been programming since 1981.

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki