Quote:

What drive are the offending files on?
Is it USB/internal/network/flash/system .. ??

the project hard drive is a 2nd regular-type hard drive mounted inside the case (not USB, flash or network)
I changed the TEMP directory from a folder on the system hard drive to a folder on the project hard drive, but it didn't solve the problem

Quote:

Any clues may help.

I'm not quite sure what is crucial information.... especially since small projects still work.

Quote:

The reason I asked what had changed is because you mentioned a 2 second interval .. which seems like a trial software type interrupt. A system interrupt should be much smaller.

I didn't time it, but the interval was longer than a sputter and shorter than 3 seconds

Quote:

Strange behavior indeed, if you haven't changed anything.

one thing that did change... I was burning CDs to play on the car, and between CDs when the tray was open, I got up to do something and my sleeve caught the tray and pulled it off the track. But the CD drive isn't in use when I'm using RB, so My thinking is that it isn't causing the problem. Also, that happened a few weeks ago, and RB has worked fine until this past weekend.

Quote:

Did you try a simple reboot?

yeah, several times (and not by choice... PC was THAT locked up...)

Quote:

My system at work was showing no signs of stress (measurement wise) but performing slowly. About 10AM I rebooted it for the first time in weeks and performance is much better. I think maybe it had bloated up on cached data and updates waiting to be installed (or rejected).

The processor was showing 2% use and the memory only 40% before reboot .. but it was performing poorly.
After rebooting, the processor now reads the same, as does memory, but the system responds much better now.
Sometimes it's the simple things that work.