I have had a tough post treatment for Stage IV Cancer depression.

One of the things my wife insisted on was going to visit my best friend who is wintering near San Diego.

We went on a tour of the Kanusul Instrument factory where the Zig is still working at 80 something, making French Horns every day.

Here are some shots:

http://www.theconleys.ca/Kanstul2/index.html

When my buddy asked about gold plating, they had a tank for trumpets and cornets. It was small and when he asked about larger horns the guide told us it was 5,000 for a trumpet in materials. No one would pay the 12 to 50k (for a tuba) so what would they have a tank tied up for that?

They have almost one of every model trumpet and most other horns for comparison purposes. And they make all the little crooks a pieces in every size so people can order just a part. Some other manufacturers use their valves and other pieces they all make by hand.

I hope you enjoy this. I loved my vacation, but am unused to being away from my wife for that long.

I got tickets on SW airlines from Detroit (NOT Det riot as in that July in the 60's!) The return flight was 228$ US. Great deal no?

John Conley
Musica est vita