Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I didn't think about the fact you're asking about the Audiophile version. Those files are much larger than the regular ones. The standard RT sets are about 200-400 megs in size so PG can provide links for those that you download and install but the Audiophile ones must be many gigs in size and would be too much to try to download.

Have you really thought about if you need the Audiophile version or not? The standard files are really good, that's what all the demo songs are and they sound great.

Bob

Bob,

Quite honestly I don't know what I need! Music right now is my main hobby. I had a weekend band that I started when I was 11 that traveled from Maine to Florida for 40 years. (This is in addition to my main job as an Electronic Design Engineer). I retired from the band 17 years ago and took up flying. (cheap hobby...)I sold the plane last March and got back into music. It'a mainly for myself and my wife's enjoyment. My signature tells you the instruments I play.

As I stated earlied I have a Roland BK-7m backing module for quick turnaround of backing tracks (almost instant), and a DAW that I can turn out custom sounds. (Just finished a 20 piece big band arrangement of green eyes that took about a month of spare time to complete...). Will BIAB do a lot more than the BK-7m? Not sure...

I'm 69 (sorry that this is long story) and still doing design work with my consulting company. (My second main hobby). This gives me extra money for my music hobby.

I can probably get the tricked out Band In a Box Audiophile for about 0.5 Music Hobby units, (One Music Hobby Unit equals $1000.00) so it's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things.

What got me interested in BIAB is some songs that had fiddles in it. I need this for some of my songs.

I appreciate your inputs and anyone else that can chime in.

Wally G

Last edited by Wallyg; 11/09/13 04:30 PM.

Yamaha Montage 6 Roland J80, D50, Integra 7, BK-7m, FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4

My WEB Site: www.gontowski.com/music