Originally Posted By: Wallyg
I have one 600GB SSD, two 3 TB internal drives, and one external 3 TB backup drive. (I also do a lot of video work).

If I put the BIAB main program on the SSD drive as you have, how much space will the remaining programs take?

Thanks,

Wally G

SSD's don't like a lot of Write cycles and BiaB work writes to disk all the time (closing BB involves a Write to a critical file that is needed in order for BB to work the way it does, keep your User settings and Prefs the way you need them to be, plus there's all that Saving of your songfiles, etc.)

I would recommend installing ALL of BB, including the Realtracks and Realdrums, to one of those two internal drives that are NOT SSD drives. Besides, there would be no benefit from the speed difference worth the detriment to the SSD by exposing it to more Write cycles than necessary, which will put it in an earlier-than-necessary grave.

BB with all Realtracks and Realdrums won't take up hardly any space on a 3T hard drive.

I recommend installing BB with only its one bb folder on one of those other drives. Don't bury it in other folders on there, first logical partition is going to be the fastest place. X:/bb

--Mac