Thanks for your encouragement guys. I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to solving problems. Think I have to buy the best gear to achieve it. It's too late on the mic it's on it's way and before reading this I'm already the high bidder on a SE Electronics Reflection Filter Pro. I've never been happy with my vocals, and that song posted is probably my best effort to date. Checking out the internet and YouTube has convinced me that something higher end like the Rode K2 will give me smoother vocals with a bit more depth. So will have to see how that pans out. I can always sell it but they don't seem to be budging at the moment. A few on ebay not shifting.

That leads me to other questions I have on trying to get a better mix and I may need to start another thread. Apart from my sound card, hi fi & mic, everything else has been bought in the last 12 months. My current setup is...

BIAB 2013 EverythingPak
Presonus Audiobox 22VSL.
Studio One Pro
Melodyne Editor
Sennheiser HD280Pro headphones
VRM Box

Beyerdynamic TGX80 mic
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound Card
NAD AMP, B&W bookshelf Speakers + Rel Sub.

I'm in more spend mode at the moment, and would like to get a couple of studio monitors to connect to my AudioBox 22VSL. I'm thinking of Yamaha HS8 vs KRK Rokit8?

That said I am frustrated with my mixes, no where near as dynamic and loud as professional recordings. The phrase "well duh" comes to mind knowing you can't match a basic home studio with professional studios but it is annoying me. Plus I don't know how to mix. I have the basics but it's alot of trial n error and many many hours of editing.

Last edited by PaulH; 12/11/13 02:49 PM.