Mac/Jazz

Confused why you have, or think, you need \band in a box\ nested two (2) deep? Just have \band-in-a-box\ (and it's seven (7) sub folders and the "PG Music.bmp") under the \instruments\ folder.

Look in the "\BB\Dx Settings" folder for the file:

"Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand SampleTank info.txt"

It should contain just one line of text:

"Piano\Acoustic Grand Piano.stw"

And similarly for all seven(7) types of piano or organs in that DX subfolder should have a "info" text file (pointing to the "Piano\" sub-directory containing a single line of text indicating the correct .stw) and two other files: the important .tgs file and another.txt file which is just a description of the sound (it's what shows up in "memo" field of the Hi-Q select window)

Now, where ever it is, the \piano subdirectory of the \Band-in-a-box\ folder should have four
"Acoustic Grand Piano.xxx" files: .stip, .sth, .sti, and .stw

As a matter of fact you SHOULD have 29 files in the \Piano sub-directoy:

- 4 for each type of piano (6 of those) so 24 (4 x 6) and 5 more:

- the ORGAN shares files between Jazz AND Rock functions so .sth,. .sti. .stw are in common and only the .stip are different one for Jazz Organ and one for Rock Organ - so 5 files.

IF that is what you have and the DXi itself works for other Hi-Q sounds (or ANY ST sounds) then I'm
lost as well - (you DID do a factory re-set and a ST "prefs" update to the \instrument path ???)

(again my direcotires for all ST, SampleMoog, Miro,...) is "

"D:\Music\IK Multimedia instrument libraries"

and my "\Band-in-a-box\" subfolder is right under that one (at asme level as 37+ others - and some of them have sub folders)

so
Larry

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Saturday, December 14, 2013.jpg (117.47 KB, 93 downloads)

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20