Originally Posted By: rockstar_not

I will differ with Mac in that I think that this is just a percussion loop that rolls in the background rather than a live cajon player, and it fades out for most of the song. The percussion that is going in the background, to my ear, lacks the 'crack' of most cajon sounds.

And that very fact was the giveaway.

The purchased Loops emphasize the Cracks in just about every sample, getting the performance we have here may be loops, but if so, the lack of the Cracks plus the long length with differing slaps in each iteration indicates otherwise to my ears.

So I think they likely recorded a live player at some point, directed not to crack or deciding personally not to, in order to fit the tracks.

And we don't know if the cajon player played actually just for the intro or played all the way thru and the rest happened between Producer, Artist and Mix Engineer to get what we hear on the finished production. Meaning there may even be some EQ, Compression and certainly Gain Staging applied to that track.

But because Loops are typically made by making pcm digital recordings of live players anyway, the only definitive answer would have to come from someone on the inside of the production.

--Mac