Scott,

This is a discussion, not an argument, okay? And I am learning a heck of a lot more from you, a working pro, than I could ever hope to offer in return. You are VERY persuasive in your support of VST.

I ran up against your frustration in trying to get a DXi synth running in BIAB + Vista x64. You're right, there are probably a bunch of free VSTis that would work great--if they worked at all. I don't know what I'll do when the Forte demo expires; the GS wavetable I have is kinda sucky, and no one seems to know of anything else that works. I shore had fun playing around with wrappers and hosts and such--NOT! Might go to hardware (I have a Roland JV-1010 to which I'm rather partial). But it does seem a shame to waste all the computing power I have when there are so many cool toys out there--see laptop specs below.

My vehement support of Rewire stems from my splendid isolation, probably. Reason is the best soft synth I know of--'cause I don't know of many others. But lemme tell ya, when I get Reason and Nuendo cooking together, issa byootiful thing, ya know? I prove it soon, I promise.

R.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."