I hear you Johncubed, I am not saying Reaper is bad because it has features, but i am saying that it is confusing at times for beginners. the way you go about setting up a instrument track, and getting separate tracks to route to it are complicated. Once you learn it, then it is fine and very powerful. I think comparing Rb to a rock to hammer a nail is not realistic. It is a very capable DAW, and not just a toy. It may not have Reapers deep routing options, or nearly as many mouse modifiers, but you can record generate, and mix with ease. It has a very good mixer section with busses and such, it has updated automation that is growing better. It has solid effects, and ability to use third party one. and the synth rack is very capable as well.

I am just saying that for the newbie who has just bought BiaB, RB is all they will need for a long time, and they already own it. Why chase other things until they are needed.

Herbie i understand your points well. Dewalt, Milwaukee, Makita, are a bit stronger than a Ryobi drill or imapct driver, but for me the difference is not enough to purchase. I can get a Ryobi short impact driver for $39 and a 2 set of Ion Lithium batteries for $99 for any of the other brands i would pay $179 for the driver, and $99 each for the batteries. If i drop the Makita from a ladder onto the concrete i am out better part of a days wage at the least if i do the same with my ryobi I am sad but it is not a huge financial setback. Also i can own far more tools for the money, the old back for the buck issue. I have over 40 tools that run from the one plus battery system. In the alarm trade one tool that i always found invaluable was the angle drill for popping in a door magnet in a exterior door, it saved me taking the door off the hinges. Some hallway doors had low ceiling above. The ryobi angle is $39 great value. I have two drill drivers, one hammer drill, one sander, one stapler, a 18 volt tire compressor, jig saw, circular saw, angle drill, light, dust buster type vacuum, and a radio. plus a charger for the car, and one of Ryobi's 6 slot conditioning chargers that keep your batteries up. i own these and 6 batteries all for the cost of one 4 piece set of Makita tools. If the batteries do not last quite as long, it is marginal, and i can have two for every one of the others.

I got this from my brother who is a door hanger/carpenter/lock and weatherstrip guy in South Carolina. He has need for heavy tool use every day, and switched over to ryobi a few years back when he broke a Makita drill driver by dropping it off a balcony he was working on and when to Home Depot to replace. Thought "i will try one of those" for that price. and said the different is not enough to off set the extra expense. Now after several year of experience he is sold. Have the same experience so far. Still what a guy is comfortable with he should use.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.