Originally Posted By: dMurphy

I am now noticing that as I play the Motif ES6 keybed I can see the keys being played on the BIAB 2014 piano window Thru keys, but no sound. And although I click and select a THRU patch change, it doesn't occur. It reads 'Instrument: No Patch Change' every time.

In addition mouse clicking any of the other track's piano keys does not produce a sound but clicking Play will play the song file.

If you can see the piano keys being played in the BIAB mixer window when you play your keyboard, then your ES6 IS communicating with BIAB. Good to know that much.

I believe that by default, you can only play on the thru channel while a song is playing in BIAB. Can you tell me if you can hear anything if you play your keyboard while BIAB is playing?

Also, can you tell me where you are selecting the THRU patch change, and where is the message you quote appearing?

Quote:
[/quote]
I just want to be clear: I am trying to be able to select a track to play and/or record that track's assigned patch via my Motif keybed. Although I don't expect any control functions I'd welcome that capability.

Now I may be off base on this, but I think BIAB will only allow you to play the THRU track, and not any of the other tracks. Of course, if you want to play the bass track, for instance, you can mute the BIAB bass track and play the bass part on the THRU channel.

Now you mention using Logic... what I generally do is drag and drop my BIAB tracks to Logic, which gives you WAY more power to play around with them, assign different synths to midi parts, etc.

Bruce

Last edited by babarton; 07/06/14 10:23 AM.

Macbook Pro 2018
2.6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM
OS Monterey
BIAB for Mac 2022