Thanks for listening and commenting Greg. I appreciate your kind comment on the vocals. You also have a good ear. The awkward sound introduced during the backing vocals is distortion from clipping. For this recording, I used a Boss VE-20 vocal effect box. There is an impedance mis-match between the Boss unit and the Presonus audiobox interface. Matching the two units usually requires several minutes of trial and error testing and getting into the Boss sub-menu's carefully tweaking the settings. Changing to another effect requires stopping and tweaking again. I did not hear the distortion when adjusting the two units through the speakers but each time I used the backing effect, distortion was recorded. For the recording, I dropped the volume to lower the vocals down into the music to reduce the distortion rather than re-record the vocals since this is a working demo version. A DI box may help solve this problem but I do not like to keep adding devices to my input chain. I will probably use this for my excuse to upgrade the audiobox 22 to the audiobox 44 which has two actual line inputs that will give me the line in stereo inputs needed for my desktop setup.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.