Eddie, having owned a home for many years in the Ashville/Hendersonville area and visiting my brother when he lived in Columbus, OH, I feel qualified to advise you if you don't like the winter in Cleveland, you won't like winter in Ashville. If you are in your 60's, you won't like to walk up the steep inclines and unfortunately, they are everywhere.

Check out a small town inland from Myrtle Beach called Aynor. You will find the climate more temperate, the ground more level. Far enough away from the beach to miss the traffic and biker weeks. Be close enough you can slide in on the weekends for some gigs. Have a four lane straight shot to two interstates that can have you in the mountains in about three hours. If you are ex-military, V-A and several bases are just a stone throw away in Charleston, Sumter, Columbia, Fayetteville, Cherry Point, Beaufort. You are close to several quality medical complexes in Florence, Charleston, Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. Housing is reasonable, taxes are low, there are plenty of folk from Ohio to reminisce with. There are plenty of other equally desirable towns spotted around SC but having the beach and mountains easily accessible all from a four lane highway at my age is something hard to beat.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.