Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Pat,

That's an impressive list. I was curious - what do you plan to use for PA? Mixer/amps/monitors/mics, etc.

Inquiring minds want to know! grin

Bob,

I'm embarrassed to tell you. I know from watching your comments that you have good stuff, the best you can afford. As a person who has been a hobbyist, I've settled. That will probably change when I start depending on the quality of my gear to keep things rolling.

Right now my setup is as follows:

1) light duty PA consists of 2 active speakers and 2 backups (not brand names)

2) laptop PC running RealBand in jukebox mode is my song delivery method. SEQ files contain MIDI gear control commands for adding vocal harmonies, raising guitar volume and gain for solos, changing patches for each song etc

3) Mics are Shure beta 58s

4) Not sure what to do for monitors yet. (suggestions?) I considered ear buds to minimize feedback potential of having speakers pointed at the mic. I'm just not that far yet. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might offer for ANY of this stuff... you've been doing it long enough to know what works, and my tendency is to go cheap then regret it later. I would greatly benefit from advice that would help me get it right the first time. Now that I'm retired I don't have money to buy twice.

5) My rack consists of
___a) Behringer VAMP, MIDI controllable and highly adaptable to many different sounds
___b) TC Helicon Voice works for adding harmonies etc. It also allows changing the sound of my voice to sound deeper or higher, which helps to sound more like specific singers. It also has built-in effects so the reverb or echo or other effects can be set in advance for each song.
___c) Presonus studio channel tube preamp, used to soften the processed vocals
___d) BBE sonic maximizer, which makes the whole mix of backing trax, played instrument and vocals sound better to my ear.
___e) a Radio Shack rack mounted mixer, for combining everything before it goes to the sonic maximizer, then out to the active speakers

For different applications, I also have a fender blues deluxe tube amp for guitar, and a pedal rack consisting of all the usual stuff... plus a Roland GR-55 guitar synth/effects pedal

Weak link is definitely the PA. (I'm Open to suggestions there. Active would be preferable since I don't have any more rack space for a PA amp... but I'll do whatever is necessary to have a functional system. )