Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Icelander,

there are probably as many different answers to that question as there are people posting songs.

Here's my guess from the perspective of somebody who lurks but doesn't post.

At first most people probably post as a lark. Some may post to see if they win a free copy of BIAB... but whatever their original reason might have been, I think most people end up posting because the forum has become a place where friends get together after work to fellowship in a variety of ways around the topic of music... specifically, music created with PGFMusic software.

If not for the friendship aspect, forum activity tends to die off. We are fortunate here to have a bunch of people who are natural encouragers. I dare say everybody feels welcome here, and appreciated. If they don't, they choose not to, because the forum certainly does not send critical vibes to anyone as far as I can see.

Some people in other forums are very protective of their creations and don't want to post them publicly for fear that someone will steal them and get rich. But I think the general consensus here is "good luck with that"

This is one place where a song writer can get a guaranteed global audience for his/her music, get good feedback from knowledgeable other song writers, form relationships with other talented people, and be respected and liked by a lot of people who didn't used to be friends, but now they are.

I think those are all really good reasons.

Well said...

The Atlantic Alliance lives