Hello I recently upgraded to audiophile 2015. I have some questions about `sound cards'.

Because of a short in the headphone out mini, I bought a cheap 24 dollar Turtle Beach usb thing that I wouldn't call a sound card. It's just an i/o as far as I can tell.

It did not seem to downgrade the output. It's a Toshiba Satellite L760. I was initially surprised at how decent the sound output of biab or other music files was.

So my question is this. Will buying a 149 dollar usb sound box make my biab real tracks sound any better? I do not need to record into the laptop. I use a mac/DP8, and a very good motu interface via PCIX to take care of that. The pc is just for gigs and practice. If I use an isolation transformer the ground hum from the usb i/o goes away. Other than upgraded i/o via quarter inch or XLR what would I gain with the Focusrite 2i2 or some other similar product? Thanks for your time.

Ron

`15 Audiophile, Toshiba17", 3Mhz, 4gig ram, 500gig HD, Win7, Tascam 122mkII interface, Tascam 16 track 8 buss recording mixer, 2 Avalon747sps,CAD VX2 mic, AKG C1000s, mac and Digital Performer.