Quote:
Hi Caaron, I am (or at least was)a drummer in my days, and most always my biggest sin was that I was a "quiet" player as far as "volume" goes. Having said that, most people didn't have any problem with that. Then again, some tunes almost "scream" for a fill at certain times which almost sound logical.

So you were a drummer, and now (it looks like you are playing a guitar) you have crossed over into being a musician! wink

I know what you mean about the fill part. There are some songs that have been really successful that scream "fill here" to me...and the drummer just keeps time instead of playing a fill. It wouldn't have been my choice...which is what has me second guess myself a bit. Which leads into your next point..

Quote:
Then again, it all depends on what kind of music one play. But overall I think is a matter of good taste or not.

Agreed. I think where my second guessing comes from is it also depends on your references. Going from one genre to another has VERY different implications. There are, to an extent, some expectations. The crossing over is what throws me a bit. Especially with the blending and borrowing of genres and styles.

Then you add in taste. What is too salty for some is too bland for another. wink

So I guess my take away is, just be me. Some will like it, some won't. But with me going for a commercial sound, I know there are somewhat guidelines. That is what I am trying to establish for myself.

Thanks for the comments!

Last edited by HearToLearn; 07/25/15 07:11 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.