This is a constant issue with me too. It could be called too many choices...

All I can say is I remember back in the day when I was playing full time so the bands had lots of rehearsals, we would spend hours getting a tune to sound right. We were doing rearranged covers of big hit tunes and even though the leader would write out charts of the basic arrangement it could take days to get it how he wanted it to sound. Trying different feels on the drums or guitar rhythms, all that stuff. Since this was a true pro level act that was booked by a national agency stuff had to be right and professional sounding. It could take several days of rehearsals to get one song right and then of course once we performed it there could still be further changes.

It's the exact same thing now except we can't just stand there and talk, sing or tap our fingers on the snare to tell the drummer or other players what we want. We have to simply audition all the parts. And of course we're all alone, we don't have other players to bounce ideas off of or the luxury of simply telling the band to try it "this way" and hear how it sounds right then and there.

We have all the tools but just like what I just described it can take days to get all the parts together. There's no shortcuts to this either way. You just keep doing it and doing it and then take a break and do it some more until you get something you like.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.