Originally Posted By: pedwards2932
I know I can easily do backing tracks for this playing each part myself in Sonar but I use it as an example that would easily explain the issues I have run into.

That's exactly what you do in RB if you need a signature lick or feel that you can't play live because you're playing something else. In RB you simply play the exact part on another track and then fade it in and out as it fits with the generated style parts. Once you get good at crossfade looping with no pops or other glitches, nobody but you would ever tell that you just switched from the backing parts to a part that you created and then switched back again.

Also, you can cop a trick from the rappers and sample a couple bars from a commercial recording and paste that in too. RB will let you import a CD file and convert it to a wav. That's a bit tricker because you have to spend some time using RB's audio editor to get the part to match the key and tempo but it's fairly easily done.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.