Originally Posted By: jford
So the F(b9) chord would be F - A - C - Gb, but with the C on the bottom and then then notes played more like a flat-2 than a flat-9: F - Gb - A.

But I think what he probably really wants is a dim7sus, which is not supported (and which I have not heard of before). That would seem to result in C - F - Gb - A (The dim7 chord would be C - Eb - Gb - A, but the 4 (F) would substitute for the 3rd, so that's where you get the F and end up with C - F - Gb - A). But I feel like I'm making stuff up now.
No, you're not "making stuff up", you've absolutely nailed what I'm after right there, a "dimsus"! eek
I too only saw this "dimsus" thing for the first time myself last week, on the choir sheet I've been asked to make backing tracks for. When I then came up short in BBox, I resorted to looking at the notes being sung in that particular bar, and they were those four notes I listed above. My old auto-accompaniment keyboard listed those four notes as a flat 9 added to the F major, hence my initial question as I thought finding that would be easier...but apparently not.

So now we 'only' need to figure out how the heck I'm actually gonna do it smirk

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)