As always I love your remixes Guenter! As I listened to her POWERFUL vocal in the context of your production, I kept hearing Donna Summer... which makes me wonder what a disco remix of this song would sound like.

Going back now to see if any of the techno versions got anywhere close to classic disco...

It is VERY fascinating to me just how different a song can sound when interpreted by a bunch of different musicians

update: after listening to the original and a bunch of the contest submissions, my takeaway is that her voice just ROCKS in every single one of these highly varied accompaniment pieces! This gal is one seriously talented singer! I'm guessing that's why you selected her song ... you consistently pick projects that give you something very high-quality to work with!

I agree with Floyd that the competition is very good this time... I listened to a bunch of other entries, and ALL of them were very impressive and innovative (to my ears anyway) I happen to like EDM, so it isn't hard for me to enjoy the offerings made by the other contestants. I missed the disco version Floyd mentioned, so now I need to go back for another listen... (thanks Floyd!)

One of the things that impresses me about your submissions is that you always manage to stand out in the crowd with a composition that isn't like anyone else's! It's like your PIET song... where did that idea come from?? Its GREAT once somebody does it... but how does the first person get the idea??? ALL of your remixes have struck me that way: as a totally fresh take on an idea, followed up by a very well done production!

That's part of what amazes me. When someone copies, they have a pattern to go by. You , on the other hand, pursue new ideas, yet you get it right without having any precedent from which to draw reference.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 10/10/15 05:43 AM. Reason: added more stuff