Quote:
A UserTrack is a PG invention for sharing instrument sounds for the sole purpose of allowing an end user of PG products to create their own songs using the instrument sounds contained inside the UserTrack.

I don't believe this is correct. User Tracks are not designed to allow you to use the instrument sounds in other songs, but to allow you to use the phrases, riffs, and chord-specific melodic material to create new songs. As with RealTracks, they allow you to use the phrases created in the audio file you created, which can give other songs the "same feel as " or "in the style of" whatever you recorded.

The only reason you need the SGU file for the chord progression is not to create sound from a particular chord progression, but is so that BIAB/RealBand can choose a phrase you recorded which is closest to the chord in your own song, to avoid stretching the pitch too much. It's really a matter of transposition and choosing phrases that most closely match a particular chord to create new songs. But it isn't about the underlying sound; it's about the phrases I recorded, much like phrases I create when writing a song.

And of course, once I record the phrase, whether with a real instrument or digitally from a keyboard using some particular sound source, I would then apply some reverb, some equalization, maybe some distortion, maybe some de-tuning, maybe some echo, and any number of other effects. Sure the underlying sound may have been based on the sound library I used, but good luck trying to find that resulting sound in the original library. How is that re-distributing the sound maker's note specific samples? What I end up with is uniquely my creation, and again, if I can't use those sound sources to do this, then technically, I can't use them for anything.

Truly, intellectually I see both viewpoints here, but I unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be) in reading the EULA, I don't find the text to support not using a sound vendors sound library to make my own unique creations. If I'm not allowed to do it, then the EULA should say so, and that's why you accept the license agreement to use the product. I doubt they would come after you for using it creatively in a manner not prohibited by either the letter of or intent of the user agreement. Most of the EULA's I've seen talk about sharing the software and the specific library files themselves; they don't even talk about the music you create from the use of the product.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com