John

I like and respect you and we've never stepped on each other, that I remember (?) but I see you are starting the Xmas pot-stirring early this year smile

I'm a Make Music and Finale customer. However, the last few "upcoming" announcements, not this one in particular, have been a little "off putting" to me - remains to be seen if I move "up." I have no real need to move up, for me it would just more buying upgrades to buy upgrades (plus you lose the PDF part that I mentioned here before somewhere)

Remember, the whole 64-bit ONLY "re-design" is a Make Music business decision (more labor cost economics - then technically driven) but lot's of other 64 bit DAW and music application makers have 32-bit reach back, Sonar, Reaper, Acoustica, Steinberg, etc.)

I DELETED the rest of that thought

OK I'm convinced, I'm all in, I retract all previous 64 bit resistance (I'm a Borg now) :

Attention Dr. Gannon and PG, I recommend you follow Make Music's lead and make a clean break: go 100% 64-bit and have ZERO 32-bit plug-in, add-in, or other 32-bit "look back" support of ANY kind (can't wait to read posts after PG release's a 64 bit only set of programs, "and good times were had by all" or at least me.

I could then sit back, with my nightly Scotch, and read folks here whining, after the fact, about why BIAB is still only 16 tracks, or why "MIDI music quality" didn't' "go up," or why RT's aren't 2X better, or why BIAB can't do real time sampling and have supporting sample editing with built-in zero crossover sample accurate editing, or why BIAB can't create a song using random loop splicing and do it in tune and in tempo, or other useful "metrics."

Actually PG, in fairness to the 99%, (let me wipe the vomit from my mouth) just make all your code open source. The added benefit would be the real coding experts can get in there and fix it all.

=====

PLEASE PG - "it's just software," "its only a few lines of code," "just use this new development environment to recompile" (it will take care of all case development and debugging - you can go off and get drunk at Canada day, while it works), like the King said "et cetera, et cetera, et cetera"

I PROMISE - NO MORE ON THIS TOPIC BY ME EVER (until 128- bit)

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20