Quote:

I turned the computer on about 2 hours ago.

I don't know why it crashed. I also have a browser window using Mozilla open using a few tabs-like the one to get me to these forums, facebook, gmail.

Just to be clear, am I reading this correctly that you have a browser open while recording with Real Band? If so, I recommend you not do that. In general, one should not have any non-essential software or processes running while recording. Pardon me if that's not what you meant to say.

Have you checked your laptop computer with the DPC Latency Checker? This is a highly-recommended tool for spotting problems with device drivers that cause audio or video interruptions (or worse). It's a quick download and a small executable file everyone should run periodically to make sure nothing is interfering with your ability to get good audio performance. Of course, some laptops come with unsolvable problems. Here is the link: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Also, for help diagnosing this, are you saying that BIAB works successfully for you, and it is only Real Band that gives you trouble?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors