Being the son of Canadian parents AND having lived in Seattle for many years, I visited our wonderful Northern neighbors often.

Friends in Port Coquitlum, BC would also visit us.

Canadian hospitality is second to none. I've found that true wherever Winters are harsh. The coffee is always on and eagerly offered.

I have many wonderful memories but Canadian beer stands out in my mind. It's 6% rather than 3.2% alcohol so the floor comes up to meet you sooner.

The scenic Camloops Drive is breathtaking, especially during colorful Autumn.

Canadians are wonderful folks, eh!

Warning: Don't mention the word "hockey" when in a hurry to leave a pub! Wayne Gretzky is a divine entity, always remove your hat and mukluks when uttering his name.

A Canadian "Beer Fridge" is anywhere outdoors between July and April every year. Mosquitoes are large enough to appear on Radar. Loons are immortalized on Canadian currency. They refer to the US as the "Southern Provinces". They often drive down just for our American Bacon Pizzas. Great neighbors, but strange.

The Canucks have always been first to help us during national emergencies. I only hope we've been good neighbors in return.

"Have you hugged a Canadian yet today?"

Addendum: When motoring North on Hwy 99 or I-5 you'll hit a burg named Vancouver. That means you're still in Washington but you're heading in the right direction. Be patient, Grasshopper!