After a few discussions with friends who appear to be wanna be recording purists, it became apparent that without pro tools or Logic or various other high end DAWs, and 50 grand worth of equipment, that it was impossible to make a decent recording using BIAB, or midi, or anything other than live musicians and the best of the best in talent and equipment.

I humbly submit for you overview a cover that is in it's finishing stages for your critique and comments. It's not my normal country kind a thang, but I'm starting to get a feel for this type of music and actually enjoyed working on it for my Father-in-law. You'll recognize the tune.

http://www.box.net/shared/rszytnqdql

This started out as a midi. From there it went thru so many changes on a whim that I couldn't begin to list them all, but essentially I popped it into power tracks, did some midi to audio conversions, set effects, which consisted of a mix of DX tone control, EQ, commpression, peak limits, reverb, delay, and you name it, depending on the track.

Did the most basic mastering that I think I've ever done, and stayed true to the concept of trying to use the barest of tools. No high end anything. I used the TC helicon for background vocals.

even did the stereo audio track without rendering in powertracks, although I did the Mp3 compression in audacity.

Let me know what you think if you would, and if there is room for technical improvment.

Thanks in advance for the listen.