Charlie, Joe, Janice & Bud:
Thank you for the listens and the kind comments. I am indebted to all here.
If you might indulge me on this, it has occurred to me that stye in music is like style in the other arts. Let's say an artist starts a painting with a canvas primed in off white and makes the drawing on that. Now, we already have the basis for a style.
It is a two pronged fork -- first, we achieve a certain consistency, even recognizable, second, we tweak and refine, we learn to express within the parameters of that technique. I don't know who George Strait's fiddle player is, but I recognize the sound.

To a new file, the BB track, already pretty much stylized and tweaked, goes in first. This is the beat and changes. Then sing to that. Bad notes or bad verses are retaken. The instrument will reinforce the good, and cover the not so good. I may not hit a high E, but I can smother it with a guitar note.

Bounce or mix when called for to free resources.

Now the melody guitar. A melody track. Then another. Listening through the two guitar tracks, I ought to be able to find at least a fill or two, maybe a full verse or chorus, from what has been done. Erase excess using punch.

Now, I go through this longwinded post not to suggest or promote any way of working, rather to promote the idea of having an established procedure. I got this from one of the YTube links provided on this site.

Thanks for your patience.

PS. Yeah, Joe, you may recognize Paul on trial in Rome. Free to use Wiki Media file. I've been doing a Book of Romans bible study. They conceded not to have found much wrong with the man, but they took his head off, anyway. Something about
"by faith we see it afar," and a praise tribute to the Father above. smile

Last edited by edshaw; 01/27/17 06:43 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --