Greetings, forumites -

I just wanted to let folks know that if I don't post here for awhile, it's not that I've left, but that I am having surgery tomorrow afternoon.

My C3/4 disc is herniated and bulging into my spinal cord, so I will be receiving my 4th discectomy. I guess I won't be looking up at the sky as much anymore, as my cervical spine from C3 through C7 will be one solid mass of bone (I have previously had my C6/7, C5/6, and C4/5 discs fused).

I've done it before, so I know what to expect, both in surgery and recovery. But this should fix the problem with numbness and tingling in my fingers and arms for the past four months (it's hard to play piano when you can't really feel the keys). The greatest risk, unfortunately, is that sometimes the vocal cords get affected with this surgery, which is not good for me as a choir director. But given the choice of eventual paralysis (left untreated), I'll take the surgery.

I do covet all prayer.

Peace!

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com