Originally Posted By: bluage
Well, well, well...

Ms. Janice, I would presume the lyrics were especially meaningful to you. The way you laid them down in the flow of the music -- the laid-back timing and the (seemingly) casual placement of them -- causes me to imagine that you'd probably know your way around a jazz ballad. To my ears, you possess the quality that the late Rosemary Clooney described as "talking a song", meaning that you make the lyrics sound like a story is being told. Personally, I'd love to hear you perform something a capella.

"PeterF" (as in Frampton? cool), I didn't know you played the gee-tar, boss, but I sho' know it, now! You're really slick with your "pick", dude! Also, the rhythm, the horn arrangement, along with the rest of the instruments, makes the song a whole bunch'a fun t' lissen to...

"Leon", your lyrics command attention. As "Pat Marr" stated, "you have more song-writing nerve than I do.. I'm not so sure I'd be willing (as a man) to write a song about what women want. But it certainly works as one point of view on a very complex topic!"

Agreed! But then, again, I don't think it would be all that complex to "write a song about what women want". Myself, I'd just fill in the verses with all of the things I've done "wrong" in a relationship, and then add the line, "Baby, I'm sorry!" to each and every one of them! Hah! blush laugh

Also, take note of the fact that, according to the genetic scientists, the "X" -- the female chromosome, which women have two of -- is present also alongside the "Y", in the male chromosome configuration, "XY". The "female" side that "peterF" mentioned is almost without exception in all of us males...

Now, where did I put that dog-gone "X" chromosome??? I just know it's in here, somewhere... smile

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")

Loren
Thanks for the entertaining review - much appreciated.

Peter