On odd time styles, BB seems to load the '5/4' time into the 4/4 tempo; in other words 5 beats happen in the time span (in ms) that 4 beats would occur normally. It's a faux (fake) 5/4 time to me. You can only generate new tracks using a matching 5/4 style. [/quote]

I agree. I wish they would incorporate more time signatures than 3/4 and 4/4.

Originally Posted By: rharv

This is a big reason why I prefer Realband; it seems to use the real time signature and tempo much more accurately.
5/4 actually generates in 5/4 .. however then your BB '5/4' styles may become weird. You need to let RB handle the time sig change.

I prefer to generate a 5/4 time sig and have it line up with the tempo map. RB does this much better than BiaB.

I can generate a '4/4 style in RB' while using a 5/4 time sig (or 7/4 for that matter) and it makes sense. There are 5/7 beats per measure, and I can edit as expected, etc.

A question for you my friend is does RB export a 5/4, well actually any non 3/4, 4/4, song in 5/4 or whatever time signature you are using?

I am not a user of RB but IIRC it use to export everything in 3/4 or 4/4 time.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware