I just got BIAB 2010/RB and a new Vista 64-bit OS on a new computer I bought for just my music. I have a Roland/Edirol SD-20 sound canvas and have installed the drivers for it in the new computer. I have not run it over the stage speakers yet but I will soon. I also bought the Forte 1.6 Dxi. I like the sound but am disappointed that it will not play my bank changes, e.g., castinets, thunder, etc. Would some one be so kind as to lead me through the steps for converting these midi tracks with bank changes on them into something that will play on the Forte Dxi?

I have tried to convert the tracks to Audio and wav by right clicking on the track but, if I did it right, neither method allowed me to hear the right sound. Maybe Forte Dxi doesn't recognize bank changes at all? Is that the case?

I am also waiting for my free upgrade to Windows 7 OS. I have read all the posts in this thread but I still do not know if it is best to leave the OS as Vista 64-bit, change it to W7 64-bit, or W7 32-bit, or just change it all back to Windows XP. I could use all the advice I can get in these areas.

Thank you all so much for your help. I have 500 midi files I take to a job and I would like to start producing files that include both midi and real tracks. But it is all beginning to look like a giant task because of the little computer-related problems that keep coming up.

Regards, Scott