Here's a song I started working on at the end of January... Then at the beginning of February my Son's Best friend (Jeremy) passed away very suddenly at the much too young age of 28. Jeremy "El Jay" was such a great guy and I continue to think about him all the time. He was an accomplished songwriter, singer & musician and though I knew him for many years we never got to do any writing together, which was something I always regretted. Shortly after he passed I was listening to some of his songs and came across one he had recently written that had a line in it that I just couldn't get out of my head... So I decided to incorporate it into the bridge of this song, which kinda makes me feel like we finally got to do a co-write. smile
Here's a link to a youtube video of one of his songs if you'd like to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUj9syAVif8

All the RT's are listed below. There were more but I couldn't use them because I have this accent on the and of 2 in the intro parts and the bass & acoustic guitar RT's just wouldn't do it right! So I ended up doing all the acoustic parts with my Martin (Dean)(5 tracks) and I had the bass player from my band do the bass part, also my Tele (Trigger) makes an appearance as well. I've recently been experimenting with some midi triggering so I added a kick drum part to match the bass line and also put a hand clap on the verse snare part. I'm pretty happy with how those worked out. grin All vocals are me.

Sorry this ended up being so long winded. As always all comments welcome.

Hope you enjoy,

Greg

https://soundcloud.com/user-813802595/hold-on-tight-to-the-love

RT Drums NashPopBallad^02
RT 1725 Piano (pretty subtle)
RT 623 Banjo
MIDI 2060 Strings

Hold On Tight To The Love

©2017 Greg Achord & Jeremy Back

I think you wanna let me know that your the one
That wants to spend their time with me
Maybe we could walk through fields of clover in the sun
We could make angels in the snow
Don't you know it just feels right, so don't let go yea hold on tight – To The Love

I see it every-time I look into your eyes
There's something special there for me
It's not the same thing that you give to everyone
I know it's only gonna grow
Don't you know it feels so right, don't let go girl hold on tight – To The Love

I know there'll be times we don't see eye to eye and I'll always know the reason why
I can't forget what a friend he said to me... Well she's small and your kinda tall
Yes your small and I'm kinda tall

So many people wanna be what we've become
But a love like this it's not for free
You gotta fight for it you gotta want it bad
You'll always reap what you sow
I've always known it was so right we won't let go we'll hold on tight – To The Love