I'm pretty sure when I set up with my keyboard, computer, and amp as a one-man band, no one is going to come up to me and complain that the sax player doesn't sound like a real sax player, because, well, there is no sax player.

And if they did, I would just politely ask them to take it up with the sax player. Oh, wait...

Because it's just me and my keyboard and backing tracks...

That doesn't mean I won't try to get close to the best sound I can, but it's pretty clear that it's all electronic. And if they don't like it, then they can hire a 10-piece live band to ensure everything is "real".

And if folks are having a good time, then that to me is what counts. And if purists complain that it's not "real", well, they are clearly in the wrong place; I don't know what they were expecting coming to a one-man band show. And of course, if you do fool some of the purists because sometimes it does sound "real", then they just get mad at you anyway because you fooled them.

And the fact of the matter is this...for most of us here, I suspect very few are going to have a hit record, most are not making a living at it, and most are mainly going to play for family and friends or at local venues where folks already know you anyway. Getting stressed over MIDI versus real just gets you stressed; who need that in your life.

So, I just say, everybody get on the floor and dance and have a good time; sing along if you wish, you know the words.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com