Trygve,

Just to double-check...

You mentioned earlier that you have everything installed on your computer's internal hard drive.

Does this mean that you run your computer without the Audiophile drive plugged in?

If you do keep the USB drive plugged in for the wav file Realtracks and Realdrums, could you unplug it for the moment so that you are running entirely from your computer. You will need to go into the Realtrack preferences and Realdrum preferences and remove the checkmark from "Use a custom folder for Realtracks/Realdrums" if the audio drive was used for wav files. (When trying to sort out problems, I've found that it's much better to keep it simple to begin with.)

With the above in mind, I'd like to go back to square 1 at the moment.

I need to make sure that your MIDI and audio drivers are suitably set.

1. Select "Options | Preferences".

2. Click on the "MIDI Driver" button. (It's on the top row of buttons and 5th from the left.)

Now... as shown on the image below...

3. Select "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" (#1 on image).

4. Where the image shows 'Cakewalk TTS-1' in #2 and #5, click on both these buttons and select Coyote WT from the drop down menus.

5. Make sure that checkboxes #3 and #4 are selected (as shown).

6. On button #7, check that MME is selected as the audio driver. If it is not, click on the button and set it. (MME is always the best audio driver to use when solving problems.)

When you set this up, what did you have to change?

Also, give the above settings a trial test without the USB drive plugged in and let me know how things went.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
midi setup VSTi 2017.JPG (85.84 KB, 112 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024