Greetings Larry, to you especially for the Holiday season,

Got your reply, and yes, I agree with you about the 16 track line. I mean nothing beats at least 16 tracks. My Yamaha mottif ES7 is a 16 track sequencer workstation and so are most generic synths, workstations and samplers out there from Korg, Yamaha, Roland. Would be nice to have the Korg D888 with 16 tracks. Grrrrr I guess everything has a down-side, however, have you taken a good look at that D888 and see all those direct outputs? I mean that to me is a very very awesome thing right. The Zoom HD16CD Digital Recorder/Mixer that I have also been keeping a close eye on

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/HD16CD--Main

is also pretty kweeol but doesn't have many outputs as the D888 PLUS the learning curve on the Zoom is pretty freakin steep. Well, guess what? I work with 6 singers as music director of my church and so I can set up my Mottif ES stereo into channels 1 & of the D888 and have 6 XLR inputs for each of my singers....whoaaaa and then go direct out wherever and however I need to, with regard to each separate channel whether it's a big gigg or a small gigg. See, see? In those areas and much more, The D888 reigns supreme in addition to the price, ease of use and ofcourse with a 40 Gigg hard drive, at least 15 hours of recording...............more than enough for a Michael Jackson show...........hehehehehehehe !!!!

Jacobins