Notes Norton,

Good post!

My interpretation : By turning off Natural Arrangement chords then complex chords will supposedly be played.

Band in a Box ( Windows or Mac ) is a extremely sophisticated artificial intelligence based music making programme. The musical sounds of those complex chords is rather different when compared to the sound of those same chord or chords when played by an acoustical instrument as compared to a computer generated sound. I have tried it by playing those complex chords on a piano and there is a significant difference. Mind you the speaker system used does play an important role.

My conclusion is that it is somewhat a waste of time typing in those complex and obscure chord structures. Although on the other hand great for making use of all my musical theory knowledge acquired from my early years of study and graduation in The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program.

I think that if you have a powerful computer ( loads and loads of RAM ) than you can turn the natural arrangement OFF and your computer would be able to generate those complex chords in addition to all the other stuff it has to generate in milliseconds .

Just my thoughts.