Originally Posted By: Al-David
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Noel.

You always do this kind of thing just SO well.

You know by now that I like the movies from the 30s/40s and this is right in the middle of that style. No one does this any better.

Everything about this track is perfect, from the instrumentation to the progression, from the lyrics to the vocal delivery.

In a couple of hours it will be dark here in the north of England and I'm going to turn the lights down low, put my feet up and play this again - several times.

Masterful.

All the best, ROG.

Hi Noel,

ROG hit the nail on the head with his comment. I grew up in the early 1950s watching movies from the 30s, 40s and early 50s. Besides their basic innocence, compared to today's movie culture, I lived the soundtracks. Couldn't wait for the next Carmen Miranda movie. And then all the Doris Day musicals ... loved all of that.

And this song captures much of that era in music - the innocence, uplifting melody, sparkling vical and fabulous tracks. I'm a sucker for a good bossa nova - loved everything about this!

EXCEPTIONAL!

Alan

Alan,

Thank you for your support. I know that you are a busy man these days and that it's not easy to fit in visiting the forum. I really appreciate that you managed to find time.

Like you and ROG, I'm a huge fan of the songwriters from the 1920s, -30s and -40s. It's a period of music that songwriting flourished and set the stage for what was to become pop music. In addition, I reckon lyric-writing skills were outstanding during this time. Lyricists of the time had a way with words that is rarely seen these days.

I hope that things are travelling as smoothly as they can for you and Di. You are never far from my thoughts.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024