Instead of uninstalling your anti-virus, I would just exclude the BIAB folder from your anti-virus scanning (after first scanning it to make sure there are no problems). And as Trevor (Videotrack) stated, set your icon to run as administrator. Yes, you'll have an extra prompt when you launch it asking if you are sure, but so what?

Another thing to try is to turn off fast generation. On the song settings screen, there is a check box labeled "This song has playback problems. Turn off fast generation". Yes, it will take longer to regenerate your songs (as it has to do the whole song before playback starts, just like in RealBand), but that might help with your problem.

Also, make sure you didn't install BIAB to the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder. This will cause problems as well. The default location is C:\BB, but you can install anywhere (I install mine to C:\Apps\PGMusic\BIAB).

Also, you didn't say if you were running BIAB from your hard drive or from the external USB drive. If the latter, you might want to try a different USB port (not all ports are equal). It could be that the port is not providing enough power to run the hard drive. Previously, they used to ship hard drives with dual-headed cables (one for data, a second to plug into another USB port for additional power, but that wasn't the case the 2017. Also, if you have any other USB devices that you can do without, you might try unplugging them so as not to overtax the bus.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com