Originally Posted By: LtKojak
So much fuss for an "use of semantics and/or definitions". Including accusations of intention use of deception finalized to monetary gain. In short, fraud.

Mr. Bailey, you were way out of line with this whole thread. Plus including it in the BIAB Yahoo group, makes me wonder about your intent.

What you have to gain for all of this? Or just to smear a good business just because you could? And only because the word used didn't 100% comply with the definition registered in the Oxford English Dictionary? C'mon, man. That's complete BS, and you know it. I find it hard to believe that an adult person could be that naive.

Looks like one of those cases where the proverb "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions" fits like a glove.

I think an apology to PG Music is in order.

It's not even the dictionary definition of the word "everything" which bothers me -- it's PGMusic's description of the "EverythingPAK" which says "The EverythingPAK includes all of the currently available RealTracks, RealDrums, Style Sets, all the regular Soloist Sets, the Andy LaVerne Soloist Series, and Melodist Sets." http://www.pgmusic.com/salesfaq1.htm#20 is the link, and question 30 is the one I'm quoting from.

PGMusic itself, in its own FAQ about what is included uses the words "all currently available" and "style sets" in the same sentence. So I'm not sure why you think I need to apologize for complaining that in fact the EverythingPAK does not include all currently available style sets, when PGMusic itself says that it does.

So what exactly do you want me to apologize for? For complaining that a company isn't delivering on what it claims on its own website? That's not for me to apologize for.

Do you want me to apologize for being upset for being mislead by their use of language? Okay, I'm sorry I got upset.

Do you want me to apologize for making sure others are aware of this discrepancy between what the company says about its own product and what it actually delivers with that product? No, I'm not going to apologize for that. If the company changes things so that the labeling is more clear, as Callie has suggested will be happening, then we all benefit and the company gains more trust from its customers.

And that has been my goal all along -- I've been using BIAB since the DOS days and every year I purchase the upgrade, even when it hasn't offered much new benefits to me because I believe in supporting this company. I have even purchased the 3 extra styles paks that started my complaint because I value what this company and this product have to offer.

So the only thing I have to gain is to help make PGMusic be a better company. I raised the issue on the yahoogroup because I know a lot of the members of that group aren't members of this forum.