Wendy,

Very thoughtful observations. I always learn from the questions you ask too as I consider each one to be a learning experience for me.

Yes the price is tempting but I understand your concern about bugs. One approach that might be worth consideration is to purchase now and install later. A second approach maybe to purchase now and partially install; for instance install some or most of the content but delay installing the program.

For some people it's the added content that excites them while others can't wait to try out the new features.

I'm very proud of PG Music and the steps they are taking to stabilize the BiaB and RealBand programs. They released 16 updates to 2017 Band-in-a-Box for Windows and 6 updates to 2017 RealBand. Additionally, six updates were released for RealTracks.

I use to be employed by a software developer and I can assure you the strongest testing regime can not test the software as much as the first day software is released. There are just too many variations in how users utilize the software, operating systems and hardware platforms. Also it is very possible for underlying, unknown hardware issues to interfere with diagnosing and resolving software faults.

While every software is released with issues there comes a time when it is better to release what you have than never release it until every known issue is addressed.

I would be much more upset if the updates slowdown or stop.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home