That’s a good question.

From past practice, No. An update would affect only the WMA compressed files unless it is identified as an update for the audiophile version, or for both. PG Music typically takes an extra day or two to release an audiophile version update.

The ‘regular’ update wouldn’t actually do anything useful to your audiophile version anyway. If a WAV file is present, BIAB loads that. Only if there is no WAV file will BIAB load, uncompress and then use a WMA file, updated though it may be. The audiophile edition contains matching WMA files for each WAV file, but the WMA files aren’t used.

I will alert the developers to your question. In any event, I will know the answer tonight; my audiophile drive is on the UPS truck for delivery today! I can check what the patch does.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors