Hi again, Lesley.

Thanks for your comments on "Can You Imagine".

In relation to "This Road", I did use a style as the starting place for this song. The style was _PJONPBA.STY.

As I started playing around, though, I tried out various Realtracks and Realdrums to get what I eventually ended up with.

RealTracks Picker makes it easy to begin isolating suitable instruments. My process is...

1. Click on the "Tempo" heading column. This sorts the instruments by tempo.

This tempo is what the instruments were recorded at and so it represents the best tempo choice for a song if you want to get the best sound from a Realtrack.

As a general principle, if a Realtrack is used at a tempo that's more than 10 bpm slower or more than 15 bpm faster than its recording tempo, audio artifacts are produced when the Realtrack is generated and these mar the quality of the final sound.

2. Once sorted by tempo, scroll down/up to find the Realtracks that are closest to my song's tempo.

Also.... if the song is an even tempo (say, rock, latin, etc.), look for RTs that have EV present in the "Feel" column in Realtrack Picker. If the song is swing based, look for RTs that have SW in the "Feel" column.

For example...

Since "This Road" is a rock ballad with a tempo of 85 bpm, I looked at the RTs that had a recording tempo of 80 - 90 bpm and that had EV present in the "Feel" column.

3. I use the Band/Solo audition button in the picker window to audition each track. If I find one I like, I then insert it in the song and generate the song to see how it sounds.

Hope these brief thoughts offer some useful information.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. All the instruments in "This Road" were from BIAB. all I played were the choral voices.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024