This brings back my desire that when we save a song it clears the edit buffer because it seems like a lot of these crashes we see reported stem from that save buffer being overfilled. Once a song si saves we can always reload from the saved copy to get back to where we were. I don't need my last 30 edits saved for undo. The last 2 will be sufficient.

I ran into a mess today with crashes. I had to do some tempo adjustments. I did a fair amount of track regeneration as well. Part of it was my fault for not saving often enough, but it was crashing with memory access violations always at the same memory address. It was inconsistent as far as what procedures I had just done so there was no real pattern of things I did before the crash. The only thing in common was that it crashed when I tried to save, which means I also lost my edits, whatever number of edits was in that undo buffer. They included a style change, a regenerate in the new style, and when I went to save it crashed and I lost the work. I was going for that ONE MORE FUNCTION before saving and got burned 4 times. So I changed the style and regenerated, saved, restarted Real Band. Then with EVERY edit I saved and restarted. It just got to the point where this song wasn't important enough to me to put this much time into it.

I have been working on doing songs in a style I have never done before. I did that big band thing a month or so ago. Once in the oven right now is a kind of a spoof on hip hop trance type music. It's pretty funny actually, so it should get some laughs. The one I started today was a pop disco thing. (Maybe that's why it kept crashing. Real Band was begging me to NOT revive disco!!)

Trying to stretch myself as a writer.

All in all though, no matter how mad I get at the program when it acts stupid, there is nothing else that will do what it does and I am pretty glad I own it.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.